Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crockpot Dijon Brussels Sprouts

I love brussels sprouts! They're one of my favorite veggies. Kevin and Carson like them most days. I usually just roast them, but I've been looking for some new ways to make them. I saw this recipe posted on A Year of Slowcooking and wanted to try it. These were pretty good. My favorite way to make brussels is still to roast them (although another recipe I've tried recently may tie for my favorite way to make brussels... I'll try to post it soon), but it was good to try a new way. The sprouts on the edge get brown and bit crispy on the outer edge... that was my favorite part!

Crockpot Brussels Sprouts

1 pound brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup water

Use a 2-quart slow cooker. Wash and trim the ends off of each Brussels sprout, and cut in half or quarters, depending on their size. Toss into the stoneware. Add butter, mustard, salt, pepper, and water. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or on high for 2 to 3. Stir well to distribute the sauce before serving.


This post is participating in the GNOWFGLINS Tuesday Twister.

3 comments:

Mary Voogt said...

I always roast ours. After trying roasted veggies in the crockpot once I won't do it again. Gotta have the brown/crispness or it's not worth it :P Definitely our favorite roasted veggie.

Sara said...

These got nice and browned and crispy. I only stirred them up once, else they'd have been even moreso, probably. You can see how they are in the pic. I agree, the brown/crispy part is the best part! :)

judee@glutenfreeA-Z said...

I just did a post on roasted brussels sprouts. Its the only way I've ever eaten them. I love the ease of using a crock pot, so while brussels sprouts are still in season, I'll give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing.