Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Beer Bread

This recipe comes from our cousin, Melissa, on Kevin's side of the family. This has to seriously be the easiest bread to make... ever. Only three ingredients, just mix, throw it into a loaf pan, and bake. And not only is it easy - it is absolutely delicious! I love recipes like this! I made this on Sunday to go with our broccoli cheese soup while our friends were over for lunch. Everyone loved it. I used a Sam Adams Octoberfest beer for this loaf. You can switch up the beers for slightly different flavors. Just use whatever type of beer you have in the fridge. I've made it with Oberon before and it was very tasty then, too. Melissa mentions on her blog that its great with a hard cider, so I think I might try that next time.

Beer Bread

3 cups self-rising flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 bottle/can any flavor beer

Mix all ingredients until dough forms. Add dough to a medium loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown and baked through.

No comments: